Return To Wedding Gown Preservation Page
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I have already purchased my Preservation Kit. Why do I have both a Fed Ex and UPS shipping label? We have included shipping labels for both UPS and Fed Ex in your kit so you can choose which carrier to use. Simply discard the one you choose NOT to use. Although we give you the option of either carrier to ship your gown to us, we will ship it back to you via Fed Ex Ground. PLEASE NOTE: AN ADULT SIGNATURE WILL BE REQUIRED WHEN WE RETURN YOUR GOWN TO YOU.
2. Do I need to have my gown cleaned before sending it to your company?
No, we will handle all of the cleaning necessary to ensure a proper preservation.
3. What exactly is the process that you use to clean the gown? Wedding Gown Preservation Company has several different processes that are used in cleaning. Each gown is evaluated before cleaning and the best process for that particular gown is used. All of the processes are safe, gentle and done by hand. Please note: We do remove shoulder pads and bust forms, as leaving them in the gown could cause damage over time. They are then packaged separately and shipped with your gown.
4. What stains are removed with your process? We are able to remove at least 95% of all stains. Those such as tar, blood, grass stains, mud, grease and food are the most common, and of course any sugar stains such as cake icing, wine or other types of beverages.
5 . What can be seen through the display window? You are able to see your gown and veil through the display window. Other items are positioned near the bottom of the window where possible or underneath the gown.
6 . Can I have my veil and or other accessories cleaned, but not placed with my gown? Yes, you may for an additional charge. Please refer to your order form for pricing information.
7. What else can I send along with my gown? You may also send items such as your veil, headpiece, garter, gloves, moneybag, handkerchief, slip, flower girl dress, etc. for an additional charge. Please refer to your order form for pricing information. Please note: All items placed in the preservation chest with your gown MUST be cleaned by Wedding Gown Preservation in order to be placed with your gown.
8. What kinds of repairs are done to the gown? Wedding Gown Preservation company prides itself on having a large staff of tailors and seamstresses that handle most repairs for a nominal fee.
9. Can I reseal the box myself if it was opened inadvertently but the gown was not handled? Your preservation chest is shipped to you sealed. However, if the chest is opened, we have enclosed sealing squares to place inside the seams of the preservation chest.
10. If I need to open up the preservation chest any time in the future, will that jeopardize or void the guarantee? Your guarantee will not be voided; however, you should take care to reseal the chest with the sealing squares provided. We have also enclosed gloves with which to handle the gown. If your gown was handled excessively or soiled it should be cleaned and preserved again.
11. If I want to declare additional value, what do I need to do? Simply enclose a check or money order (made payable to Wedding Gown Preservation Co.) for $2.00/per $100.00 of additional declared value. We also accept Visa and MasterCard.
12. How can I be sure you've received my gown for preservation? For the quickest response, please visit the tracking page of Wedding Gown Preservation’s website at www.gownpreservation.com and click on "Check Status Of Order". You will need your serial number (located in the upper right-hand corner of your paper work). If you provided your email address on your order form, you will also be notified electronically when it has been received, as well as when it has been shipped back to you. If you are having any difficulties, please call us at 1.800.305.3108, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. What do I write in as the Reference # in the section on the ARS label above the Wedding Gown Preservation address and in the section at the bottom of the tag? The reference number is for Wedding Gown Preservation Company's use. It is not necessary for you to fill this section out.
14. Where should I direct any questions or concerns? You may call Wedding Gown Preservation at 1.800.305.3108 and a representative will gladly assist you. Our hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Eastern Standard Time, or you may call Candle Wick at 817-571-2850.
15. Is my gown guaranteed?
YES! Wedding Gown Preservation provides a 100% guarantee against caramelized
sugar stains or yellowing of the gown (see Preservation Kit page for details).
If at any time the gown is found to have yellowed or has caramelized stains,
we will reprocess the gown at no extra charge to the customer. If re-processing
is unsuccessful, we will refund the preservation cost.
Remember: NEVER store your gown in an attic or basement.
16. What if I have more questions? Call us at 817-571-2850 or email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.